Accessing 8i Objects with java

From: Jean-Marc Prevost <jprevost_at_nrcan.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:56:32 -0400

Hi,

I'm new to Java programming so my question may look basic. I have spatial data in Oracle 8i and I would like to send the following request to Oracle:

MDSYS.SDO_TUNE.EXTENT_OF('Table_name', 'Spatial_column')

This request returns a geometry object representing the minimum bounding rectangle for all geometric data in a column. My problem is that I don't know how to handle the geometry object coming as a return value of the spatial command. Is it possible to send me some code handling the request.

Thanks! Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 10:56:32 CDT