Re: Oracle and Access difference

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:32:13 +0100

My favourite Access-Oracle story is the one about the amateur coder in one of the big bank who prototyped an Access front-end against an access database, then called me to complain about the appalling response from Oracle when he used ODBC to point it at the real database.

Turned out he'd got Access to pull down a 17,000 row table, then joined it one row at a time to some other table so that he could present a drop-down pick-list when the user hit a particular data-entry field.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk