Connect String not accepted

From: <nugenta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:05:45 GMT

I recently received a Demo copy of AR 4.0.2. I have AR version 3.2 running on my
server now. During the install of 4.0.2, I was instructed to install Oracle 8. because I had a flatfile system inplace. I accepted this option, and successfully installed Oracle 8. I was unable to continue with the install of 4.0.2 until the flatfile database was converted to a SQL database.

I exported the requiries schemas and data, and began the upgrade of 3.2 to use Oracle 8. I reach a point where a connect string and password is requiried. I have had no success with this. It keeps telling me that the pre-requisites have not been met.

I am able to connect to Oracle via SQL PLUS with the system account.

What do I need to do to get 3.2 to upgrade?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 10:05:45 CDT