Re: Oracle tuning and SQL tuning

From: <david.archer_at_chase.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:35:59 GMT

Just my 2cents worth ... We use a product from Quest software called SQL Navigator. This is not going to give what you are looking for (although it has a nice graphical explain plan tool) I only mention it because I am very impressed with it and the company. The do have other tools which our DBA's got excited about until they heard about their per server pricing. Check out their web site http://www.quest.com. Another company I am impressed with although I don't use their products due to company standards www.embarcadero.com

HTH, David Archer

In article <7phrpq$hu2$1_at_news2.inter.net.il>,   "Zohar Elkayam" <guyzohar_at_inter.net.il> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm looking for stuff (on the web or recommendations for books or
programs)
> about Oracle basic tuning and SQL tuning (for better preformence).
>
> Hope you can help me,
> Zohar Elkayam
> DBA.
> guyzohar_at_inter.net.il

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 09:35:59 CDT