Re: Client Pc is Timing Out, How can Up the Time on the DB

From: Brent Douglas <Brent.Douglas_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:52:14 -0400

still fighting this? you may want to try changing the SDU parameter in your SQLNET.ora file... i don't have much info on this any more, but this has helped us fix 3113 errors...
what oracle told me was that sometimes a router will break up tcp/ip / sql*net packages badly, eg, not very effectively.... this can cause the packets not to go together consistently as they are rebuilt ... we had to change the size to 512...

no chance you can talk to oracle tech support on this? you get 2 or 3 incidents free.... a 3113 is very difficult to diagnose, usually a network or server side issue... any error logs being generated on server (in oracle dump area)?

brent