Confused again! - package DBMS_STANDARD?

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:50:30 +0100

Hi,

I've created a DB called WWS. I've changed the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora to replace ORCL with WWS.
After this, however, I had a problem connecting to the DB via Perl. I logged out and logged back in and that solved that error, but doing a
'ps -aux | grep oracl' tells me that there is an instance of ORCL
running even though I've purged it from the .ora files. Any idea why?

And now the best one - I have a script to create all my tables, sequences, triggers, etc, for development purposes, it usually runs fine, but since my changes, it now gives me the following error on
'create trigger' commands:

"create or replace trigger trig_category

                          *

ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL"

Why does it just give me this error now, and not before? And what can I do about it?

I know nothing about PL/SQL packages, so any help would be much appreciated.

TIA,