Updating via TCP/IP

From: Steven Knopf <steven_at_qmark.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:27:33 +0100

Hi, please excuse the simple question from a non-Oracle user.

We have an application which allows people to edit local .MDB databases and then "publish" records from these databases to a server.

The application "publishes to" (or updates) the server databases by ODBC. The server databases can be, for example, Oracle or SQL Server.

I'd like to be able to publish to an Oracle database across the Web via TCP/IP. I believe this can be done, but how? What do I do to my ODBC DSN to make this possible? Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thank you

Steven Received on Thu Aug 19 1999 - 08:27:33 CDT