Re: How to calculate free space left in tablespace

From: Jeremy Russell <Jeremy.Russell_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:15:13 GMT

The dba_free_space view lists totally unused extents; this does NOT therefore include allocated blocks that are empty. You ought to be able to 'analyze table T compute statistics;', then use the result fields (dba_tables.num_rows, .blocks, .empty_blocks, .avg_space) to figure out the unused space WITHIN each table.

Bear in mind that this will not show unused allocated space in indexes or other object types, nor will this space be easily retrieved for use by other objects.

Hope that helps

Jeremy Russell