Problem compiling OCI.H in C++ w/ MSDEV Studio 6

From: David Dew <David.Dew_at_conwaycorp.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:11:52 -0500

I am attempting to convert a C program from OCI 7 to OCI 8i, but I have hit a snag.

When I try to compile a program containing '#include "oci.h"', the compile bombs in the oratypes.h module with several errors referring to the 'text' identifier; the first one is:

H:\orant\OCI\INCLUDE\oratypes.h(277) : error C2378: 'text' : redefinition; symbol cannot be overloaded with a typedef.

This error occurs in the following section of oratypes.h:

#if !defined(LUSEMFC)
# ifdef lint
# define text unsigned char
# else

   typedef OraText text; /* This line causes error */
# endif
#endif

Please help.

Thanks, David
ddew_at_iscisc.com Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 12:11:52 CDT