system calls from extproc

From: <dtatum_at_3mc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:25:31 GMT

I have been unsuccessful in making system("....."); calls from an exteneral procedure. I have only been able to create and append files. I want the ability to rm, mv, cp, mkdir, mailx...The area of the file system I'm accessing is owned by Oracle, so I don't think it permissions. Is this possible?

I already implemeted this with ProC. I would rather use extproc and the Oracle server listener, than a seperate process running listening for PIPES. There is a problem where occassionaly the ProC becomes disconnected from the DB and it gets caught in the listener loop and chews up system resources by spitting out printf status statements.

Thanks,

Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 08:25:31 CDT