Re: Using Triggers with Pro C/C++ precompiler?

From: Shawn Lavin <shawn_IHateSpam_FigureItOut_at_mdli.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:08:57 -0700

In article <37B990B8.DD0B50A6_at_mitre.org>, John Standard <jks_at_mitre.org> wrote:
[snip]

> My question: Is this possible? I have been looking at the Oracle
> documentation on the Pro C/C++ precompiler and can't find and examples
> of it used to set up triggers. I currently have a request in to the DBA
> to install the precompiler, and then will start down this road. Any and
> all replies are appreciated.

Yes it is possible to create triggers from within embedded SQL, the only direct reference I know of is in the reference for the CREATE TRIGGER command where it warns you that you need to end the statement with an END-EXEC statement when using the precompilers.

Works pretty much as described though.

As for the external procedure, notify the middleware, notify the client loop, that can work too, but that means if the middleware is down the system is down (as notification fails to get received). Make sure to have a backup and consider making a re-start of a stalled or dead middleware a cron job.

--
Shawn Lavin
As always, my opinions are my own Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 19:08:57 CDT