ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...

From: Sanalkumar <sanalks_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:10:47 -0400

Hi,

I am installing the free Oracle Apllication Server I received in the iDevelop seminar in Boston on a new NT box of following config.

NT Workstation 4 SP4 new Installation
IE 5.0
9GB Hard disk and 128MB RAM

When I try to run the default website (wesite40) from OAS manager I am asked to start ORB manually and when I start it manually I again get the same message. Is it because I have not installed ORB if so How am I supposed to do that.If this version of OAS doesn't work pl. let me know.

Following is the list of commands I gave and error messages from Command prompt. Thanks in advance for any Help.

E:\>set ORACLE_HOME
Environment variable ORACLE_HOME not defined

E:\>set ORACLE_HOME=e:\orant

E:\>set ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_HOME=e:\orant

E:\>cd orant\ows\4.0\bin

E:\orant\ows\4.0\bin>owsctl start -T -orb

 ORAWEB_SITE = website40

 OWS_ADPSO = E:\orant\ows\4.0\bin\ndwfs.so

 LD_LIBRARY_PATH = E:\orant\ows\4.0\bin\:website40/orb/4.0/lib: Please wait while the command is being processed on host cusa500-1 ... Starting ORB processes...
waiting for ORB to be ready...
ORB is not responding. Please restart manually... Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 12:10:47 CDT