OK Gurus - one to test you re Triggers

From: Fraser Boswell <Fraser.Boswell_at_spamme.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:25:51 +0100

Sorry if this doesnt make sense to you, I havent quite got it myself. Say I have a cursor which holds all the fieldnames and I load the fieldname into a variable called colname. in a For Cursor Loop I want to reference each column from it's name in the colname
So in the After Update query I want to write:   IF :NEW.colname != :OLD.colname THEN -- field has been updated   --etc
 END IF;
except :NEW.colname gives me a bad bind variable error. How do you get round this. Dynamic SQL?

help please? Thanks in advance

Fraser Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 09:25:51 CDT