Re: Change the default password for INTERNAL.

From: Juhan Kundla <juhan_at_ensib.ee>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:39:39 +0300

Internal password is only an issue on NT in that sense, that on Unix, which is more secure OS, everybody uses operating system authentication. But on NT the password file authentication is commonly used. There is an utility orapwd (Unix) or orapwd80 (NT + Oracle 8.0.xx), which can be used to change the internal password.

And yes, there is a so called default password for internal, which is "oracle" if the starter database is created during Oracle installation. I have created all my databases manually using oradim and svrmgr, so I didn't know that.

--
Ilusat suve...

     \  |  /
      \ | /
      / | \
     /  |  \

...ja päikest :)

Juku Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 08:39:39 CDT