Re: Running External (UNIX programs) from PLSQL

From: Johan Wegener <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:46:40 +0200

<rgan10566_at_my-deja.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:7pa9j1$vsl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com... [snip]
> I understand that calling external functions is possible but does it
> work on all platforms or only on NT and solaris?. would anybody who
> have used the external calling give me some sample and how it could be
> setup.

[snip]

No, external procedures should be available on all supported Oracle8 platforms. You'll find an example (NT here, but they are available on various Unixes as well) in the directory "X:\orant\RDBMS80\EXTPROC\*.*".

Cheers,
Johan Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 06:46:40 CDT