Re: Cursors problem

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:52:31 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Carlos Rodrigues" <carlosg.rodrigues_at_optimus.pt> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:30:43 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I develop a java aplication that work with an Oracle database, I use a thin
>Oracle driver. I close the Prepare Statement and the Result Set but after
>some statements (INSERTs and SELECTs) the aplication raises "maximum open
>cursors exceeded",
>
>thanks in advance.
>
>Carlos

This is always due to not closing opened cursors.

You might be missing them in exception handlers or by letting them go out of scope.

You can use v$open_cursor to view the cursors that are opened by your application but not closed. You'll see the text of the query associated with that cursor. You can use that to visually inspect your application to determine which cursors are really not being closed for whatever reason.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Aug 17 1999 - 06:52:31 CDT