Running External (UNIX programs) from PLSQL

From: <rgan10566_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:15:38 GMT

Is there any way to run External programs that would create another session to the database from a PL/SQL program?.

I understand that calling external functions is possible but does it work on all platforms or only on NT and solaris?. would anybody who have used the external calling give me some sample and how it could be setup.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 19:15:38 CDT