Re: Changing Redolog file Sizes

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:25:16 GMT

A copy of this was sent to tpcmohan_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:35:39 GMT, you wrote:

>Hello,
>I got to change Redolog file sizes ,i think the only soulution for that
>is recreating controlfile(to my knowledge) when i recreate controlfile
>when i go with resetlogs all the contents of the existing current log
>will be lost,so shall i have to take backup(offline or online) after
>creating controlfile because if i have to apply the lostfile contents
>for recovery in the future..what do i do or other way is i can switch
>logs before creating logs
>....am i right....Basically i am looking for the procedure for resizing
>the redologs on production box

no -- its not that complex at all.

simply add (alter database) log files that are larger. then drop the logfiles that are too small. you might have to use an alter system switch logfile to drop a logfile that is current.

don't recreate your control file. its not necessary at all.

>thanx
>mohan
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 06:25:16 CDT