Re: [Q] Cry for help: how to make exp faster?

From: Igor P. Merku <igor.merku_at_acegas.ts.it>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:48:08 +0200

Ed Stevens wrote:

> I don't have any direct, first hand experience with this particular
> scenario, but I notice that with your different combinations, you never
> tried compression=N. Compression will always consume more time.

This is true, Ed, and thank you for your reply. We found compress=Y a good way to have Oracle calculate the first extent to cope with a table's data for reimport. How should I handle this in your opinion (export with compression=Y once in a while and extract initial extent data) ?

Thank you very much.
Regards, Igor Received on Mon Aug 16 1999 - 02:48:08 CDT