Oracle DBA's should know this problem... HELP!!!!!!!!

From: N. Steffens <nsteffens_at_advantage.nl>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:30:16 +0200

I sure hope someone can help me (and some others for I have seen that more (newbe's) have the same problem.

I have: Personal Oracle 8 & Developer 2.1 installed.... It all installs great without any problem.

PLSQL works great with standard SCOTT/TIGER uid. But when I tried to start up Forms builder it just doesn't connect to my standard Oracle DB.

I have copied my TNSNAMES from orawin95\net80\admin to orawin95\network\admin (at advice from someone) but that still doesn't help.

I tried TNSPING to BEQ-LOCAL but it also gives an error while TNSPING80 BEQ-LOCAL works great.

Can U please help me?
I've tried it on both WIN 98 and WIN 95..

thanks in advance,

Niels Steffens. Received on Sun Aug 15 1999 - 09:30:16 CDT