Re: Help Newbie, Connection failed between Developer 2000 2.1 and Oracle 8 personal

From: N. Steffens <nsteffens_at_advantage.nl>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 15:44:13 +0200

I'm having the same problem... with Oracle 7 it all went ok but now I'm also trying to install Personal Oracle 8 and Developer 2.1 But the connection is no good...

I Installed it all in Win 98 and iin Win 95 But in both OS' it didn't work. I've copied my TNSNAMES from ORAWIN95\NET80\ADMIN to ORAWIN95\NETWORK\ADMIN but still when I try to connect from FORMS builder for example.... It just doesn't.. Some kind of TNS error result....

When I use the TNSPING.EXE in ORAWIN95\BIN then I get the same result (TNS error).... But when I use the TNSPING80.EXE it makes a connection and it's all okay.

PLSQL also connects without any problem.

So Cedric is not the only having this problem... and I guess with us all newbe's are having those probs...

please help....

thnx in advance,

Niels Steffens.