Re: 3 tier system using other than Java client

From: a1 <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 01:48:19 GMT

You'll be using NTTS, and not Cytrix servers (unless you want to be in an unsupported config).
This is NOT a 3-tier architecture.
It may be a n-tier, but it is not a classical 3-tier split that comes to mind for most people.

Otherwise you'd have to consider running Oracle client/server tools in an X-Window environment as 3-tier.

NTTS/Cytrix is smart screen scrapping, not 3-tier. As such, you cannot compare it to 3-tier environments.

Now. If you are using NTTS, then you will want to look at fail-over, groups, and such. Most sites are also placing their applications and OA toolsets on different NTTSs. This has been done LOTS so you should be able to find lots of references for it.

Thor HW