Getting result sets from stored procedures

From: Bob Kline <bobklin_at_idt.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:12:43 -0400

In the Sybase world there is very elegant support for returning a result set from a stored procedure. Any select statement in the procedure is available to the client as a result set, which is very easy to grab from ODBC or Perl's DBI. The closest I've been able to find in the Oracle world is the REF CURSOR, but it appears that the REF CURSOR needs to be set up as one of the parameters for the stored procedure. I haven't been able to find any way to call such a stored procedure from ODBC or DBI and get to the result set. Anyone have any tips on where to look?

Thanks,
Bob Kline
bkline_at_rksystems.com Received on Sat Aug 14 1999 - 15:12:43 CDT