Help Newbie, Connection failed between Developer 2000 2.1 and Oracle 8 personal

From: Cedric Young <cedric.young_at_utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:51:00 GMT

Hi!

I am a newbie studying Oracle and I needed help on setting up my Developer 2000 2.1!

I was able to successfully installed the Oracle 8 Personal on Win98 and have it up an running with no problem, then I go ahead and installed the Developer 2000 2.1, the installation went without any problem, however, when I start to use any tools in D2K, I wasn't able to make a connection to the database (using the default scott/tiger ), can anybody please tell me how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Cedric Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 16:51:00 CDT