Re: Book for Oracle 7.3 and 8?

From: Breno de Avellar Gomes <brenogomes_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:26:48 +0100

My rerefence books are

Oracle Developer/2000 Forms: The Practitioner's Guide Albert Lulushi, ISBN 0-13-949033-7, published by Prentice Hall The included CD ROM brings computer based training from CBT Systems I strongly recommend this one.

Oracle Developer/2000 Handbook
Michael Stowe, ISBN 0-13-918111-3, published by Prentice Hall

Oracle7: The Complete Reference
George Koch and Robert Muller, ISBN 0-07-881919-9, published by McGraw Hill
This book explains SQL*Plus, command and function syntax.

Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming
Scott Urman, ISBN 0-07-882305-6, published by Oracle Press/Osborne/McGraw Hill

Zeddie wrote:

> I have very little practical Oracle DBA experience, although I have
> attended the relevant Oracle Education courses.
>
> I am thinking of purchasing
>
> Oracle 8 Dba Handbook by K Loney
>
> or the
>
> Oracle 7 DBA Handbook by the same author.
>
> However, I have read some fairly negative comments about the Oracle 8
> edition on http://www.amazon.co.uk/
>
> Can anyone recommended either of the above books, or suggest any
> alternatives? Ideally I would like a book which covers both Oracle 7.3
> and Oracle 8 as our site has not yet upgraded to Oracle 8, but will be
> doing so shortly.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Breno de Avellar Gomes
DBMS Developer

Arquivo-Sistemas de Bases de Dados
P. O. Box 5006
4017-001 Porto
Portugal

brenogomes_at_ieee.org
Cellular: +351 931 7383469
ICQ # 35567342 Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 16:26:48 CDT