MSAccess Linking Oracle 7.3.4.4 Tables Problem

From: Kenneth Ward <kenneth.ward_at_arran.almac.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:56:08 +0100

We are using MSAccess 97 with Oracle ODBC 2.5 Drivers to connect to an Oracle database. Using an ordinary oracle user who only has read access to the tables we can import or link the tables into an Access database.

We wish to append data to a table in the oracle database. When connecting as system or sys or as the base table owner we can only see tables beginning with the letter A the rest of the tables do not appear in the selection box. We can connect as a user we created and we can see all the tables in his tablespace.

Using SQLPLUS on the Unix host system all tables are visible in system. sys or the base table owner.

I would be most grateful for any advice and help with this problem.

--
Kenneth Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 15:56:08 CDT