UTL_FILE and saving on webserver

From: Mike Heisz <mheisz_at_rim.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:21:35 -0400

I am trying to create a script to create an HTML file to be accessed on our webserver (to increase speed and limit the usage of the database). I have the UTL_FILE package working and creating a file in a directory on our database server. I run into problems when I try to place this file on the webserver. We have added the correct path (by mapping a network drive) for the webserver to the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter but when I try to create a file on the webserver I get the illegal_operation exception. We have tried opening the permissions on the webserver to make it accesible to anyone but that didn't help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 09:21:35 CDT