Re: newbie: list of all ORA-xxxxx messages?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:02:28 GMT

A copy of this was sent to frank_seiter_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:53:55 GMT, you wrote:

>our applications are a way downstream from our Oracle databases...
>and from time to time they provide just the ORA error like
>1024/1025/1106/1143/
>
>our Oracle books don't have a list of all the errors...and I wind up
>doing ad hoc searches on the web.
>
>thanks,
>Frank
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

In addition to oerr, if you don't have that you can always use sqlplus:

SQL> set serveroutput on
SQL> exec dbms_output.put_line( sqlerrm( -1403 ) ); ORA-01403: no data found

it gives just the error message, not the 'remedy' as oerr would

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 07:02:28 CDT