Re: problems with the names of dblinks

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:14:56 +0100

Have a look at your GLOBAL_NAMES parameter setting - I think you will find that it is set to TRUE. This forces the db link to have the same name as the database you are connecting to.

Set this to FALSE and your problems should go away.

Look at the Oracle Server Reference and Oracle Server Administration Guide for more details and the reasoning for the setting to TRUE. Used in a distributed environment to force unique database names.

Regards
--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>