I can't believe I asking this, but....

From: Mark S <mstepanek_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:17:40 GMT

Hi,
Have been using Personal Oracle 7 for about a year now and am rebuilding the database I use on a new NT machine. So, I installed PO7 on the NT machine no problem. Now I must connect as SYS to run all the setup scripts for my database. I cannot seem to connect using the SYS/ Change_On_Install like it says in the documentation. When installed it a year ago on my 95 machine a oracle developer "helped me out" and did his thing and got everything setup. I have only had the NT machine for about two weeks and I sure haven't forgotten the password yet and I can log on to NT as administrator so what is going on. The error is invalid name / password when I try every combination of SYS / whatever to connect. I type sys/change_on_install and it says connected but I try to run a script and it says invalid password.

Thanks for the help,
Mark Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 23:17:40 CDT