ORA-12500 on Digital Unix

From: Robert D. Perry <rperry_at_tacticsus.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:36:54 -0400

We need help with our Oracle Server 7.3.4 (Digital Unix, Alpha).

We are getting the following error when we try to establish more than 56

database connections:

        "ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process"

We are connecting to the Oracle Server from NT machines which all have the
Oracle Client sw installed. We are connecting directly via SQL Plus, and via ODBC (from VB programs & C programs).

We would like to increase the limit to 1000 connections (or more).

What does anyone suggest to alleviate this problem. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 21:36:54 CDT