Kanji conversion between databases w/ two different char sets

From: Helge Scheil <helge_at_wrs.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 07:20:57 -0700

Hello,

we're trying to import Kanji data from an Oracle database that is using a two byte character set (ja16euc) into another Oracle database that is using a single byte characters set (we8iso8859p1). The database link itself doesn't perform any conversion ... it's just a DB pipe.

However, the CONVERT function is supposed to exactly cover that but it's not working in our environment. The converted strings arrive "garbled".

Has anyone worked w/ this kind of problem and what solution did you come up with?

Thanks -- Helge
helge_at_wrs.com Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 09:20:57 CDT