Re: Oracle for Solaris 2.7

From: Bernardo Pi <berpi_at_tid.es>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:16:14 +0200

J Costello wrote:

> Last time I checked Oracle's Technet, Oracle had not released the software
> for Solaris on x86. Solaris on Sparc is available (my webmaster got a copy
> from Oracle's Internet conference), but was quite difficult to install.

We are working with Oracle Server 8.0.4 and Solaris x86 2.6... so far, we've only installed it.

Next, we'll have to do a major porting effort from HP-UX to Solaris x86...
keep debugging those byte-order-sensitive functions... they are a real pain.

Regards,

Bernardo Pi Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 09:16:14 CDT