Re: Oracle dump into Access 97 - is it possible?

From: <sunk_at_focushope.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:11:01 GMT

In article <01bee463$196b24e0$69f2490c_at_apm>,   "Ashley McManus" <ashleyp_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I'm trying to import a dump from an Oracle table into Access. I don't
have
> access to Oracle. (sorry, pun not intended). Is there an easy way to
do
> this w/o asking for a delimited file? These people are doing me a
favor.

> Thanks,
> Ashley

This is not a real favor, do they know only imp(Oracle import utility) can read the format of exp(export dump) of Oracle.

If they have tools like databrowser or discover2000, the text file(different formats) can be easily gotten by export the result of the queries. We call this a favor.

Good luck, kurt.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 08:11:01 CDT