Re: MTS component with OO4O(oracle object for ole) ?

From: Bernd-Michael Klampe <B.Klampe2_at_VWFSAG.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:26:47 +0200

>My configuration : WIN-NT4(PII-366 1 cpu, 96MB memory) with service pack 5
>& option pack 4.
> ORCLE8 Server/Enterprise(in the same NT
machine)
> Visual C++ 6.0
>
>I'm programming MTS component with OO4O(oracle object for ole) now.
>I've been designed that DCOM.
>But, I know OO4O to be make direct connections Oracle Server without
>throwing ODBC or other MDAC.
>Then, I've a question as follows.
>
>Is this component is suitable for MTS?
>How do I?

Assuming MTS stands for Microsoft Transaction Server you should have a look at
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/nt/info/col/O8i-ntier.htm http://technet.oracle.com/tech/nt/oo4o/info/doc/81533Doc/oracleoMicrosoft_Tr ansaction_Server_Sup.html
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/nt/oo4o/info/doc/81533Doc/oracleoOpenDatabase _Method.html

I'm just investigating the same (nearly) environment: OO4O 2.3, Oracle Client 8.0.4.0.0, Oracle Server 7.3.4.3.0, MTS 2.0 to write MTS-Components with VB6. Currently my problem is

Set objOraSession =
GetObjectContext.CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

which returns with an "Out of Memory" Error. Maybe you'll get over this point and give me a hint ;-). No problem if it's C++-Code.

Good luck. Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 03:26:47 CDT