ORACLE_HOME setting problem?

From: Zhao Fu <ieszhaof_at_nus.edu.sg>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:22:41 +0800

Hi,

I asked the question about calling Pro*C foreign function through PL/SQL interface in my Forms45 applications. As no one answer the question.:(, I
have to continue finding the clues for solving the problem. I find that, the Oracle setting for running the Pro*c programs and the Forms are different, one is ORACLE_HOME=/data/oracle8/app/oracle/product/8.0.3(for running Pro*C), the other is
ORACLE_HOME=/data/dev2k/app/oracle/product/7.3.2(for running Forms45). I am wondering if this is the cause of my problem.

Looking forward to your follow-up if you have any idea of how to solve this problem. Thanks.

The old message that I posted before is attached in below.

I am trying to call a Pro*C foreign function through the PL/SQL interface in an Oracle Forms45 application. The working platform is Sun Solaris 2.6, the version of the Oracle server is 8.0.3. I compiled the Pro*C function into *.so, so I can call it in my PL/SQL interface. Firstly, I test the foreign function on a normal C function, it worked very well.
But when I call the Pro*C function, I got a connection error. It seems that I cannot connect to the Oracle database. Later, I read from the manual of "User Exit", it says "You do not need to perform an explicit CONNECT in an Oracle Precompiler foreign function because Oracle Forms establishes the connection automatically." So, I remove the connection code from my Pro*C function, then I got an Oracle error, the error type was not specified in the output. As this error occurs at the first SQL command in my Pro*C code, I suspect it is due to connection problem. Please advice if you have any idea of this problem. Regards,
Zhao Fu Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 20:22:41 CDT