Re: Oracle for Solaris 2.7

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 11 Aug 1999 21:17:54 -0400

In article <37B1F71E.3B39E807_at_tinet.ie>, Sergiusz Stempel <sstempel_at_tinet.ie> wrote:
>Something I don't understand. I have been using Oracle 7.3 on Solaris 2.4 x86.

Yes, that was probably 7.3.2.x.x.x which Oracle gave away as part of the Oracle Workgroup Server marketing blitz in 95 or 96. The CD's had WinNT, SCO and Solaris x86 versions. Unfortunately, Oracle removed it from the its ftp area in 98. :( I got my copy at an Oracle usergroup meeting, the Oracle on Intel Unix product manager was handing them out; he had a big smile on his face. I think it was part of the counter attack campaign against MS SQL Server.

BTW there were many bug reports with 7.3.2, particularly in regards to running MTS. I wouldn't run that software in production. John
groenveld_at_acm.org Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 20:17:54 CDT