dropped connection after migrating to 8i

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:15:54 -0400

    I have five small 7.3.3.5 instances on an NT 4 server on the C drive. They use listener "listener". I installed 8i on the same server to an Oracle home on the D drive. I moved one of the instances to the D drive and increased it's system tablespace by 50M.

    Using MIG I migrated the D drive instance to 8.1.5. The migration went fine. The new control files were created and the database was opened with resetlogs. A new listener was created called listener8i. The 8i tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora and listener.ora files were created and the init.ora file for the D instance was modified for 8i.

    Now, when I enter svrmgr I can connect internal and run a few simple select queries. About five seconds after connecting the connection drops and I get a not connected message (ora-03114?) that's very general. Then I can drop and recreate the instance and connect as internal for about five seconds. Then the connection gets dropped again.

    This is true whether the other four instances and the original listener on C or started or stopped.

    Does anyone have any ideas as to why this connection is going away?

Thanks Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 17:15:54 CDT