Urgent! Backup Software on NT for a huge Oracle database

From: Dong Tang <tangd_at_ctcdist.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:56:28 -0500

Hi:

Our company have a 200+GB mission critical Oracle 8.0.4 database running on NT4.0 SP3. Don't ask me why run that size database on NT, it is beyond me. The hardwares are Compaq Proliant 5000 with 4 pentiumpro processors, 3 RAIDs (108 GB, 108GB and 16GB), two 35/70 DLT tape drives with 15 tape library with autoloader.
Past year we have been using Seagate Backup Exec 7.0 to backup the database. This thing is even worse than NT OS, cause us huge problems. I contact their technical support, they don't have clue either.

Does anybody know any backup software can run on NT, can work with DLT autoloader and tape library and use script to schedule and fire up backup jobs? Please help, we have not backuped the database for more than one month! Basically, I am waiting for disaster now .

Please email me at tangd_at_ctcdisct.com

Thanks ahead.

Dong Tang Received on Wed Aug 11 1999 - 11:56:28 CDT