XML & Oracle

From: Hans Xie <hans.xie_at_its.CSIRO.AU>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 99 01:36:24 GMT

Dear all,

I have a CGI-PERL-Oracle7 application on Solaris 2.6. I'd like to convert it into XML/XSL-JAVA-Oracle application. I know most of the technologies, eg SGML, JAVA etc., but I don't know how to start it in Oracle. To be specific, I'd appreciate your info on:
1. Having a Web Server and an Oracle DB Server, what else do I need? ( XML Parser? Servlet? EJB? JSQL? JDBC? UTL_HTTP package? etc., and their relationship)

2. How far can I go with Oracle 7.3?
3. Can I use Apache instead of Oracle Web Server, and how?
4. Should I use Java as much as possible, or use PL/SQL as much as possible?

Thanks in advance?
Hans Xie Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 20:36:24 CDT