Re: Is there an error in the OCIDynamicBind in version 8 ?

From: Bo Lorentsen <bl_at_bellesystems.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:35:07 +0200

JP wrote:

> My only experience with this, is that you need to put the actual length of
> the data in your length array. Even if you are using SQLT_STR datatype.

Thanks for the tip, I'm doing this allready by calling "OCIBindByPos" before calling "OCIBindDynamic" with the proper size of the data element, even on the SQLT_STR type. But as I wrote in my original letter, this is normally working perfectly, until the amount of data have increased too much (depends on which mashine this system runs on).

> Also, the doc is confusing as to whether to put in pointer to value or
> assign value to pointer.

Yeps, I noticed this when I wrote this library (several months ago), and I'm nervous about the internal state of this code, as it seems that Oracle support are not able to help much with this problem, as they keep saying that its an error in my code (thy can't point out where) --- yet. This is why I'll like to know if anyone have an similar problem.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Regards

Bo Lorentsen

--