Re: AIX: mirrored drives and Oracle corruption

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 18:33:04 -0700

Hi Norman,

I didn't state it clearly. One of the drives fail, Oracle chokes, AIX doesn't know, shutdown the db, sys admin replaced the drive, we had to recover the files on the mirrored drive. The other half of the mirror was fine. Oracle sensed the problem, but AIX didn't.
I would have thought AIX would have noticed it and an alert would have been sent to the SA. They would have notified us and scheduled maintenance to replace it.

Thanks,
Steve