Full Outer Joins possible?

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 21:22:16 GMT

Good day,

I'm trying to figure out if the following is possible. I can do it with other servers.

I am trying to join two tables such that I get all of the records in table A that have matching data in table B, plus all of the records in Table A without matching data in table B, plus all of the records in table B without matching data in Table A. Can this be done?

IE
Table A
id data_a
1 1
2 2
5 3

Table B
id data_b
2 1
3 2
4 3
5 4

Result
id data_a data_b

1   1       NULL
2   2       1

3 NULL 2
4 NULL 3
5 3 4 Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 16:22:16 CDT