Oracle PO8, MS Excel, Parameterised queries & dates

From: Philip Thatcher <Philip.Thatcher_at_luk.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 15:59:15 +0100

Hello All,

I'm trying to use MS Query to fill in some Excel cells from Personal Oracle 8 DB.
Currently I'm using Microsoft's ODBC driver for Oracle.

The query I'm using is roughly "SELECT * FROM table WHERE table.date BETWEEN ? AND ?" When Excel prompts me for the parameter I enter "08-Feb-1999". But I get an error back immediately saying "[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Invalid scale value".

Any ideas?

All help gratefully received.

PhilipT.
Using Excel97 SR-2, PO8, on Windows NT 4.0 SP5 Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 09:59:15 CDT