MS ODBC vs Oracle PO8 ODBC question

From: Philip Thatcher <Philip.Thatcher_at_luk.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 15:36:43 +0100

Hello All,

When I use Microsoft's ODBC driver for Oracle, my queries return the populated recordset I expect.

However, when I use change my DSN to use Oracle's ODBC driver on exactly the same DB I get an empty recordset. I can see the column headings, but I get no data. Anyone know why?

Both DSNs seem to work fine from ODBCTest, which would imply the configuration is right.

My app & PO8 are on the same machine so the docs say I don't need NET*SQL, I just leave the Service field empty (to force IPC).

All help gratefully received.

PhilipT.
Using PO8, on Windows NT 4.0 SP5 Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 09:36:43 CDT