Is there an error in the OCIDynamicBind in version 8 ?

From: Bo Lorentsen <bl_at_bellesystems.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 14:55:25 +0200

Hi ...

I have been trying to create an database library using an array of data for fast insert and update. Normally its possible to use arrays of some kind of (fixed sized) structure and then use the "OCIBindArrayOfStruct" for binding it before executing the statement. My problem was that I did not know the amount of data nor the size of it before runtime (dynamic SQL building). This result in using a combination of "OCIBindArrayOfStruct" for primitive and "OCIBindDynamic" for text strings and raw data.

This combination works perfectly, and while testing it with a small amount of data it works just fine, and perform very nicely, but when the amount of data increases, the oracle interface certainly claims that my data is NULL data, which it is not ! After checking my code several times, I started to use the ElectricFence, to check any memory overloads, and this time I get a memory overwrite deep inside some oracle code in the situation where i got a NULL data error before.

Have anyone experience regarding this kind of code, and have anyone else found an error like this, or am I all alone :-)

Looking forward to any kind of feedback.

/BL

--
Bo Lorentsen
Software Engineer