Re: package creation problem

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 12:24:41 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Dan <dan_at_onshare.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sun, 08 Aug 1999 22:37:08 -0400, you wrote:

>I've got the following error when trying to create a package - what
>could i be doing wrong?
>
>Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
>ERROR:
>ORA-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package
>ORA-06512: at "SYSTEM.DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO", line 37
>ORA-06512: at line 1

>ORA-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package
>
>Cause: This indicates a version clash between some package distributed
>with an Oracle product and the product executable.
>
>Action: Contact customer support.
>
>Thanks in advance.

You've for some reason installed the dbms_application_info package as SYSTEM. All (*all*) of the dbms_* packages must be owned by SYS or they will not work.

Log in as system and DROP all packages owned by system that start with dbms_

Then, since these packgages must be owned by SYS, rerun the installation for this package as SYS. When you ran it as system, you destroyed the public synonyms that pointed to the sys owned packages. Rerunning the installation script for this package as SYS will fix up the synonyms and all. by default dbms_application_info would have already been installed in the database and granted execute to public.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 07:24:41 CDT