HAs anybody got any experiance with the OTL ( Oracle Template Library ) ?

From: Christofer Dutz <dutz_at_danet.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 13:57:06 +0200

Greetings.

We have been working with the Oracle Pro*C Precompiler for some time and have experienced some trouble in using ORACLE under DIGTAL UNIX with multithreaded C++ programs. The input- and output-code having to be used when using threads and classes is so bad, that we do not want to present our buisness partners a program based on this code. The ORACLE support told us something like "A C++ parser is not going to be implemented in the future", so we began looking for an alternative and we seemed to have found one : OTL.
I just had one look at the sourcecode and I must say that using the OTL is sort of fun. In contrast the Pro*C was sort of a pain in the neck, whith tons of workarounds and sometimes having to spend weeks for solving a simple problem.
My question now is : Has anyone been able to make some experience with the OTL ? Does it realy work, even with more complicated SQL-commands ? Is it realy threadsafe ? Is there any more detailed information about it and are there any known bugs and problems ?

I would appeciate any comments.
regards

    Christofer Dutz
    Danet GmbH
    Germany Received on Mon Aug 09 1999 - 06:57:06 CDT