Re: ORA8, Static Linking

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 18:36:16 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Wolf Grossi" <wg_at_REMOVE_ANTI_SPAMmagro-soft.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 19:31:43 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi folks,
> I'm statically linking the ORACLE8 demo-file oci02.c, using the ORACLE
>supplied "demo_rdbms.mk" file, but get the error
>"/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/rdbma/lib/ssdbaed.o"
>not found.

that should be rdbms -- not rdbma.

check your $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/env_rdbms.mk file and look for:

RDBMSHOME=$(ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms/
RDBMSLIB=$(RDBMSHOME)lib/
RDBMSADMIN=$(RDBMSHOME)admin/

make sure RDBMSHOME is setup right.

NLS_LANG won't have anything to do with this. Looks like a makefile issue.

>This is on a SCO UnixWare 7.1 and ORACLE was installed by someone from
>ORACLE.
>ORACLE supports suggeste to set the LANG and the NLS_LANG environment, but
>this appears to be a big #@%/$§.
>This is needed to statically link a complex OCI application and if anybody
>of you out there can help, I would appreciate it very much.
>
>Thanks, Wolf.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sun Aug 08 1999 - 13:36:16 CDT