AIX: mirrored drives and Oracle corruption

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 14:09:40 -0700

Don't know if anyone has encountered this, but we mirror our drives on AIX for our Oracle data files.

Twice in the last month, we've had one drive in the mirror fail and we get an Oracle corruption error.
AIX's "errpt -a" does not report an error. We asked the sysadmin and he said one of the drives failed and he replaced it. When I worked on a SUN box, if either the primary or mirrored drive failed, Oracle kept cruising and an error was reported in the Solaris sys logs. The sys admin fixed it and it didn't impact us.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Is there something in AIX I can check and make sure it's setup right?

Thanks,
Steve Received on Sat Aug 07 1999 - 16:09:40 CDT